Embracing Refugees is a non-for-profit community organisation that empowers and integrates local people, refugees and asylum seekers in South Devon where everyone feels equal, included, empowered and able to embrace cultural diversity.
We see a world that is enriched by the diverse backgrounds, identities and experiences that refugees bring to their host communities, and we aim to see everyone feeling equal and able to embrace their differences and celebrate their identities.
For that we have carefully designed our innovative Integr8 program where we offer the following:
- Delivering a personal development workshops for refugees and asylum seekers to enable them reach their full potential and find their new place in the world
- Delivering a cross-cultural training to locals, refugees and asylum seekers to enable building stronger intercultural bridges
- Offering a weekly one-to-one and peer mentoring help refugees and asylum seekers stay on track
- Providing volunteering opportunities for refugees and asylum seekers in local prpjects where they overcome social isolation, live their life purpose and embrace cultural diversity
- Facilitating inclusive community events and gatherings where local people, refugees and asylum seekers connect and build intercultural bridges
Help Overcome The ‘Us’ And ‘Them’ Attitude
Connect with us and be part of our happy world!